Rhizome, the New York-based art and technology organization, and an affiliate in residence at The New Museum in New York, has announced the 2016 lineup of its annual Seven on Seven conference.
Founded by Rhizome in 2010,A�Seven on Seven
A�a�� the organizationa��s flagship programme a�� brings together seven artists and seven technologists for one-on-one collaborations. This yeara��s lineup includes writer Miranda July, video artist Hito Steyerl and rapper Junglepussy.
The programme, which challenges leading artists and technologists to work together and create a�?something new A�a�� be it an application, artwork, provocation, or whatever they imaginea�?, is aimed at creating exciting new dialogues between culture and technology through cross disciplinary experiments. Previous yearsa�� participants included filmmaker Laura Poitras and artists Ai Weiwei and Taryn Simon.
This yeara��s creations will be unveiled on May 14 at the annual conference, taking place at The New Museum. Tickets for the public event will be on sale from April 14 at 12 p.m. EDT.
The full lineup:
- Filmmaker, artist, and writer Miranda July & Paul Ford, writer and cofounder, Postlight
- Video artist Hito Steyerl & Grant Olney Passmore, cofounder, Aesthetic Integration
- Installation artist Jennifer Steinkamp & Rana el Kaliouby, founder, Affectiva
- Artist and writer Claire L. Evans & Tracy Chou, software engineer, Pinterest
- Rapper Junglepussy & Jenna Wortham, staff writer, New York Times
- Artist Trisha Baga & Mike Woods, founder, White Rabbit VR
- Artist Ingrid Burrington & Meredith Whittaker, founder, Google’s Open SourceA�and Security Research Group.